Monday, April 6, 2009

Is Today Monday?



Holy swoops! In addition to the Loom show going on at Caterina, there's another kick ass show going down at the brand new BLVD. On a Monday!?!?!!!

I saw the Tanks play in Iowa City last fall, and it was a remarkable experience. They're a 3 piece bass-drum-vocal outfit, but they sounded so full I was trying to see where the guitar player was hiding. It seems their singer likes to dress up, and he was rocking a fierce fur skirt, a hairy belly not unlike my own, and 2 metal gauntlet gloves. They're super loud and super rad.

Also, my pal Coolzey is bringing his hip hop waggalicious funocity raps all the way from Fairfield, Iowa. In another life, I played a show with his old group the Sucka MCs at the Double Dribble!!! How's that for street cred!?!

Monday April 6: The Rhombus, Coolzey, the Tanks, Gliss, Takeover UK at the NEW BLVD - 230 West Riverside. 21+

No comments: